In the words of ABBA..."I do, I do, I do, I do, I do". This song stands out to me not as a big fan of ABBA, Muriel's Wedding or even Mamma Mia but from my cousin Lisa's wedding. The wedding was a unique outdoor wedding and I remember the bridesmaids skipping up the aisle made of grass to the sounds of this song at her home in Upstate NY.
Personally, I've always enjoyed weddings that were unique and stood out from the crowd. We've had the opportunity at the Guesthouse Lost River to celebrate and book several weddings (small to large) since we took over. Each one very special and unique. The venue, location and setting in beautiful Lost River, WV is what we refer to as rustic yet refined. One of our gorgeous brides this year had created a very special and stunning bridal bouquet made with several local West Virginia finds.
Working with a smaller venue like Guesthouse Lost River provides several benefits to you:
1. Personal Service - the main selling point of any inn or bed and breakfast! Our team genuinely enjoys and takes pride in providing outstanding hospitality and service. Any special requests or needs that you may have are more likely to be accommodated with genuine helpfulness and desire to please – something that often seems less likely to find at a large resort or hotel.
2. Lower Costs – our establishment can handle only a limited number of guests (up to 125). You’ll easily be able to keep the guest list small and have better control over costs by choosing a smaller venue.
3. Do something you both love – one of the great things about a B&B wedding is that it can be planned around the shared interests of the engaged couple. Do you love the outdoors? Do you love the mountains?
4. Experienced wedding experts – the Guesthouse Lost River specializes in hosting weddings, and can provide package deals to accommodate all sorts of wedding budgets. It can be a real headache planning your own wedding if you’ve never done it before and are overwhelmed by all the details. A wedding package deal could take care of most of the planning.
5. Keep it personal and small – not everyone wants to have a huge wedding with hundreds of family members and friends, especially if the engaged couple is older or one or both of them has been married previously. Having a B&B wedding can help keep the guest list limited to immediate family and friends, and provide a much more private and romantic ceremony than a large wedding.
6. Unique wedding setting – the Guesthouse Lost River offers an extraordinary natural setting for your special day. Many of our couples have exchanged vows on our mountain view deck. There is no better backdrop then the sunset over the mountains.
We look forward to making your wedding or committment ceremony a true expression of who you are as a couple! Contact us today for more details!